Michael Beecher (actor)
20 November 1939
|Died||4 March 1993 (aged 53)|
Michael Beecher (20 November 1939 – 4 March 1993) was an Australian-based model and actor. He was the son of Rear Admiral Otto Humphrey Becher and Valerie Chisholme Baird.
Beecher had originally wanted to train and work as a diplomat.
His highest-profile role was as debonair hospital superintendent Dr. Brian Denham in Australian soap opera The Young Doctors, a role he played from the programme's inception in 1976 until leaving the series (shortly before its demise) in 1982. Prior to The Young Doctors he had worked as a photographic model.
- Paradise (TV movie 1975)
- Silent Number (TV series 1976)
- Barnaby and Me (TV movie 1977)
- The Outsiders (TV series 1977)
- Bluey (TV series 1977)
- Runaway Island (TV series 1982)
- The Young Doctors (TV series 1976–1982)
- The Haunted School (TV mini-series 1986) credited as Michael Becher
- The Flying Doctors (TV series 1987) credited as Michael Becher
- ^ death notice in the Sydney Morning Herald 9 March 1993